My students are amazing, as always, and I love them more each day. They are so receptive during our Bible stories, I pray that their little hearts are being drawn closer to the Lord each day. We did several fun Thanksgiving activities with the first grade class the week before Thanksgiving. My class dressed up as Native Americans, and the first grade class dressed up as Pilgrims. We had the students "ride" in the Mayflower and then we came together for a "Trail Mix" feast.
enjoying the Mayflower
Trail Mix feast
Ellen and Sarah~ the Pilgrims and Native Americans coming together :)
I have also been tutoring a little girl, Min a, a couple days a week. She is in second grade at another school and they would like her to come to CAG next year for third grade. We are hoping by the end of the year that she will be able to pass the English test to come to CAG next year. She is a very sweet little girl and is improving greatly! She has a difficult home life, so I've tried to get to make a point to get to know her more and let her talk about things.
Some of you may already know, that I surprised my parents and came home for Thanksgiving! They were VERY surprised! It was a quick trip, but well worth it to see my mom's face. :)
I also got to see the rest of my family; brother, sister, brother-in-law, and nephew!!! It was so nice to see my sweet baby nephew again. I missed him so much and he grew while I was gone!
The next couple of weeks will be very busy with Christmas coming up. We are getting together with the first grade class again, to do activities revolving around the book, The Polar Express. We have some REALLY fun things planned, I'm excited!
Buenos Tardes!

No comments:
Post a Comment