Saturday, January 22, 2011

Side splitting laughter is like medicine for your heart

It's been a rough week...for many reasons.  But, tonight, I laughed harder than I have in a long time.  Read on and you will understand why.  This conversation took place tonight at the table playing cards with Randy and Brenda. 

Brenda:  Randy's old enough to be your dad, or your grandpa for that matter
Randy:  Hey now!
Me:  Wait a minute...aren't you older than him, Brenda? 
Brenda: NO!  He's 54, he's much older than me!
Randy: I am not 54!
Brenda:  Then how old are you?
Randy:  Wait...what year was I born?
Me: *laughing*
Randy: I was born in September 1958.  That makes me.........?????
Me: 52
Randy:  Yes, 52. 
Brenda: You're like 3 years older than me!
Me: *laughing*
Randy: No, because you're 51 today!  I'm a little over a year older than you.
Me:  You are 16 months apart. 
Brenda:  No, that can't be right.
Randy:  That's the same age difference as Nate and Leah.
Brenda:  What year was I born?
Randy: 1960. 
Me:  Yes, it's right!  September of 1958 to January of 1960 is s16 months.
Brenda: Hey, that's the same age difference as Nate and Leah! 
Me: At this point, I thought I was going to wet my pants, I was laughing so hard!

And that's what made my night tonight....it doesn't take much to amuse me.  It's the little things in life!  :)

2 comments:

  1. *sigh*...oh dear sweet Amy...I miss ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I miss you all too! Wish I could have seen you over Christmas!

    ReplyDelete